Spotlight on Captain John’s Floating Classroom
For more than 60 years, Captain John Boats has been teaching people of all ages about the marine environment, but just a few years ago, we decided to create a program that would give our students a hands-on learning experience they would never forget. Our “Floating Classroom” sessions are conducted separately from our whale watching and deep sea fishing tours. During each session, students will have access to our special onboard tidal pool to gain hands-on experience with live spider crabs, sea stars, and sea lettuce. Marine educators are present to answer questions and provide information about different marine species. We also provide an overview of the ship, the basics of marine navigation and chart plotting, and how to use sophisticated marine equipment.
Whether you are a parent or an educator looking to implement a hands-on marine biology excursion or you are an individual interested in an unforgettable learning experience , contact Captain John Whale Watching & Fishing Tours to learn more about our Floating Classroom sessions. If you have any questions, call us at (508) 746-2643.
- The Best Time for Whale Watching in Massachusetts
- Catch a Glimpse of Killer Whales at Play
- Planning an Action-Packed Family Vacation with Captain John
- Why It’s Never the Off-Season in Provincetown
- Take Your Biology Students on the Ultimate Field Trip in a Floating Classroom | Captain John Whale Watching & Fishing