Crew Spotlight: Captain Bob Avila
Bob Avila has been a captain for more than 40 years, and a professional whale watcher for the last three decades. A native of New Bedford, he comes from a Portuguese family with a lengthy history in the boating and deep sea fishing industries. The tradition has carried over to his son Alex, who has also become a licensed captain and man of the sea. Bob and his wife live in Sandwich, Mass.
When you book a day trip with Captain John Whale Watching & Fishing Tours , you can meet Bob and the rest of our crew. We have been taking residents from Plymouth and surrounding areas on deep sea fishing and whale watching tours for many years. Most of our passengers will attest that the mammals they see on our tours are truly unforgettable. To learn more about our history or to book a tour aboard our ferry in the waters of Cape Cod, visit our website or call us at (508) 927-5575.
- The Best Time for Whale Watching in Massachusetts
- Catch a Glimpse of Killer Whales at Play
- Planning an Action-Packed Family Vacation with Captain John
- Why It’s Never the Off-Season in Provincetown
- Take Your Biology Students on the Ultimate Field Trip in a Floating Classroom | Captain John Whale Watching & Fishing