A Closer Look at the Stellwagen Bank Marine Sanctuary
Just like state parks are dedicated to preserving wildlife on land, marine sanctuaries protect ecosystems in the water. Volunteers can take a ferry to keep an eye on the animals and look for change. Watch this video to learn about the Stellwagen Bank Marine Sanctuary.
The Stellwagen Bank Marine Sanctuary is a haven for birds and marine animals alike because there’s plenty of food to snatch up. The purpose of the sanctuary is to protect the ecosystem and its inhabitants, and volunteers learn about the changes by watching animals’ behaviors. Seabird activity is especially helpful when trying to understand changes in the ecosystem.
Captain John Boats can take you out on a ferry in Plymouth and show you things you’ve never seen before. Please visit our website for information about our whale watching and deep sea fishing trips, and give us a call at (508) 927-5575 for more information.
- What To Bring On Your Whale Watching Trip | Captain John Whale Watching & Fishing Tours – Whale Watch Plymouth
- Amazing Facts About Humpback Whales
- 4 Perfect Opportunities to Hire a Private Deep Sea Fishing Charter | Captain John Whale Watch – Plymouth, MA
- How Dolphin Communication Is Similar to Human Communication
- The Best Time for Whale Watching in Massachusetts