Avoiding Sunburns on Your Fishing Charter
Even if the sky looks cloudy when you head out on your deep sea fishing trip, you’re at risk for sunburn. When the sun reflects off the water, even from behind clouds, it is more intense than it is on land. That’s why sun protection is such an important part of enjoying your fishing charter. These tips will help you avoid a sunburn that could ruin your trip.
Start by applying sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15 before you leave the dock. Bring the sunscreen with you, and reapply every two hours to maintain the proper level of protection. Wear a hat and sunglasses to further protect your face. Loose, long-sleeve shirts can offer further sun protection, as can long pants. Dress in layers if you are concerned about getting too hot, so you can get the additional sun protection for a period of time and then remove the long sleeves if you become uncomfortable.
Captain John Boats offers deep sea fishing trips and private fishing charters to help you reel in the best catches in Cape Cod Bay and the surrounding waters. Book a fishing charter in Plymouth by calling (508) 927-5575.
- The Best Time for Whale Watching in Massachusetts
- Catch a Glimpse of Killer Whales at Play
- Planning an Action-Packed Family Vacation with Captain John
- Why It’s Never the Off-Season in Provincetown
- Take Your Biology Students on the Ultimate Field Trip in a Floating Classroom | Captain John Whale Watching & Fishing